Learn the art of royal icing with cookie decorating expert, Amy Duska, owner of Cookies Royale. In the beginner to intermediate royal icing skills class, I’ll share expert tips for creating beautiful custom cookies from baking to decorating. You’ll leave the class with your Christmas themed cookie set and feeling confident in your royal icing skills!
- December 6, 2017 6-9PM SOLD OUT!
- December 13, 2017 6-9PM Sign up now!
- December 17, 2017 3-6PM Sign up now!
- Optional Cookie Decorating Kit Order now! (For pick up only at workshops)
In this 3-hour class, you’ll learn to:
- Bake the perfect sugar cookie. I’ll share with you my amazing sugar cookie recipe and teach you how to roll and bake the perfect blank canvases for your sugar art creations. Learn how to achieve uniformity in thickness and consistency and cookies that not only hold their shape through the baking process, but taste great too!
- Work confidently with royal icing. Mixing the perfect royal icing can be easy if you know what to look for. I’ll share my best recipes, tips, tricks, and show you how to achieve the perfect consistency icing for piping, flooding, brush work and creating beautiful multidimensional designs.
- Learn how to create beautiful cookies with different techniques. Making beautiful cookies just got easier. Learn how to make royal icing transfers that will help to create the perfect sugar cookie every time. Learn how to use the “wet on wet” technique for a quick but beautiful cookie!
- Create a custom holiday themed cookie set. I’ll take you through my cookie design process step-by-step so you can leave with your own hand-decorated Christmas themed cookie set. All supplies included.
3-hour Class: $50 (includes all supplies for class, one dozen decorated cookies to take home)
3-hour Class + Cookie Decorating Kit: $75
Kit includes the following:
- one dozen baked cookies (heat sealed for freshness)
- 1 pint pre-made royal icing
- 1 boo boo stick
- 20 piping bags
- two piping tips
- 2 jars food coloring